15 to 16.

It's the new year! Masih punya mimpi dan cita-cita kah? Kalau masih, good for you. Kalau semangat sudah mulai sirna dan target hidup adalah uang, it's probably time to rethink things. Atau mungkin jawaban termudah if you do not fall under either categories, ngalir saja sob.

Karena gue bukan tipe yang ngalir dan kebetulan masih punya banyak mimpi, di tahun 2016 ini I set a different type of goals. Sudah cukup lah tahun-tahun hampa menulis cita-cita sebatas achieving that Victoria Secret's model body atau travelling through 6 countries in a year. Not saying that those are bad goals but on my list, a great body and spending $$$ on travels come second. Tahun ini gue ga menghabiskan terlalu banyak waktu untuk berpikir terlalu in-depth tentang hidup di tahun 2015. What happened in 2015 happened. It was not a great year but I do see it as a year filled with transitions. A lot of gear changing in 2015.

So what's for 2016? 2016's aim is pretty simple to know what I would concentrate in and pursue graduate school by the beginning of 2017. The bigger goal? In whatever field I decide to concentrate in, I want to be able to work from home and still yield financial revenue at least three times higher than peers my age who work a 9-to-5 job in a normal work setting (and the revenue increases exponentially in the coming years). Why? Because in the course of my late 20s, I want to build a home for me and a sanctuary for many. My view on how to achieve this is blurred still for now but  I sincerely hope that in whatever I do, my 2016 will not revolve around me and me only. I have 2015 to thank for this change of perspective. Or else I'd still put "Climb corporate ladder in 2016 and be CEO by 2019" as a goal. Everybody can do that.

Cheers to a great year ahead,
Athalia Karima Yedida Soemarko

No comments:

Post a Comment