Lessons from Glastonbury.

I'm not going to lie and tell you that everything's OK. Dua minggu terakhir ini bisa di dubbed sebagai salah satu periode paling tough di tahun 2011. Apa yang salah? Banyak. Siapa yang salah? Banyak juga.

I've been feeling quite low and I know I need to get back up ASAP. Banyak yang harus di lakukan dalam waktu yang sangat amat tidak banyak. Lagi-lagi gue berargumen dengan otak gue sendiri bahwa sebenarnya kekuatan itu datang dari dalam but I told myself that sometimes you can't negate the fact that the outside world affects you, one way or another.  Gue ga bisa menjadi 100% setiap hari. Kadang ada aja yang bisa menarik gue turun, secara emosi atau secara fisik. Kalau mengandalkan kekuatan sendiri, naik kembali ke level "kuat" yang di perlukan akan memakan waktu yang agak lama. I need optimism and positivism to be injected right into my veins.

Gue menemukan Glastonbury.

Glastonbury is a small town in Somerset, England. It's tiny compared to the urban London or the soccer heaven Manchester but Glastonbury holds the swaggest festival of contemporary arts. Simply said, Glastonbury adalah tempat dimana tiap tahun konser-konser dari segala band berkumpul to give a hell of a show to a 200,000 something audience. It's insane, in a good way.

Gue YouTube-d konser ini dan menemukan dua outstanding performances dari Beyonce dan Coldplay. Their stage act, their stage presence, their audience, everything boost me literally right back up. Dan dari situ lah, gue belajar.

So here it is, kids. My lessons from Glastonbury. These are excerpts, lines, or just things that Coldplay and Beyonce brought on stage that pretty much depicts the way I am feeling now. Ga usah tebak-tebak apa cerita di balik kenapa gue memilih line itu dari lagu itu. Take a chill pill and just let me pour things out to writing.



"Your skin and bones turn into something beautiful
And you know for you I'd bleed myself dry."
Yellow

"I was scared, tired and underprepared but I'll wait for you.
If you go, leaving me down here on my own
Well, I'll wait for you."
In My Place

"Just because I'm losing
Doesn't mean I'm lost
Doesn't mean I'll stop
Doesn't mean I will cross
Just because I'm hurting
Doesn't mean I'm hurt
Doesn't mean I didn't get what I deserve
No better and no worse."
Lost!

"Nobody said it was easy
Oh it's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was eas
No one ever said it would be so hard
I'm going back to the start."
The Scientist

"On and on from the moment I wake,
To the moment I sleep
I'll be there by your side.
Just you try and stop me,
I'll be waiting in life
Just to see if you care."
Shiver

"When the future's architectured
By a carinival of idiots on show
You'd better lie low.
If you love me , won't you let me know?"
Violet Hill


"Where do we go nobody knows?
Don't even say you're on your way down
When God gave you style and gave you grace
And put a smile upon your face."
God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

"If you ever feel neglected
If you think all is lost
I'll be counting up my demons
Hoping everything's not lost.
When you thought that it was over
You could feel it all around
Everybody's out to get you
Don't you let it drag you down."
Everything's Not Lost


"Oh morning come bursting the clouds amen
Lift off this blindfold let me see again
Bring back the water let your ships roll in
In my heart she left a hole

The tightrope that I'm walking just sways and ties
The devil as he's talking with those angel's eyes
And I just want to be there when the lightening strikes
And the saints go marching in

And sing slow it down
Through chaos as it swirls
It's us against the world

Like a river to a raindrop I lost a friend
My drunken hazard daniel in a lion's den
And tonight I know it all has to begin again
So whatever you do, don't let go

And if we could float away
Fly up to the surface and just start again
Lift off before trouble just erodes us in the rain
Just erodes us in the rain
Just erodes us and see roses in the rain saying

Slow it down
Through chaos as it swirls
It's us against the world."
Us Against The World

"In confusion, confidence
Give me peace of mind and trust
Don't forget the rest of us.
Give me strength, reserve control
Give me heart and give me sould
Wounds that heal and cracks that fix.
Tell me your own politik."
Politik

"One minute I held the key
Next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand."
Viva La Vida

"All the boys, all the girls,
All that matters in the world
All the boys, all the girls,
All that madness that occurs
All the highs, all the lows
As the room a-spinning goes
We'll run riot, we'll be glowing in the dark."
Charlie Brown

"Life is for living.
We all know, I don't want to live it alone."
Life Is For Living

"Confusion never stops, closing walls and ticking clocks
Going to come back and take you home."
Clocks

"I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day,
The dark sacred night.
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world."
What A Wonderful World
"So you can hurt, hurt me bad.
But still I'll raise the flag."
Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

"When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Tears stream down on your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down on your face
And I...

Tears stream down on your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down on your face
And I...

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you."
 Fix You



"It's the way that you know what I thought I knew
It's the beat that my heart skips when I'm with you
Yeah but I still don't understand
Just how your love can do what no one else can."
Crazy In Love

"Don’t treat me to these things of the world
I’m not that kind of girl
Your love is what I prefer, what I deserve
Is a man that makes me then takes me
And delivers me to a destiny, to infinity and beyond
Pull me into your arms
Say I’m the one you own
If you don’t, you’ll be alone
And like a ghost I’ll be gone."
Single Ladies

"Picture us dancing real close
In a dark dark corner of a basement party
Every time I close my eyes
It's like everyone left but you and me
In our own little world
The music is the sun
The dance floor becomes the sea
Feels like true paradise to me."
Baby Boy

"I wanted you bad I'm so through with that
Cause honestly you turned out to be the best thing I never had
You turned out to be the best thing I never had
And I'm gone always be the best thing you never had
I bet it sucks to be you right now.
So sad, you're hurt. Boo hoo, oh, did you expect me to care?
You don't deserve my tears I guess that's why they ain't there
When I think that there was a time that I almost loved you
You showed your mask and baby yes I saw the real you
Thank God you blew it Thank God I dodged the bullet I'm so over you
Baby good lookin' out."
Best Thing I Never Had


"If I were a boy
I think I could understand
How it feels to love a girl
I swear I’d be a better man.
I’d listen to her
Cause I know how it hurts
When you lose the one you wanted
Cause he’s taken you for granted
And everything you had got destroyed

It’s a little too late for you to come back
Say its just a mistake
Think I’d forgive you like that
If you thought I would wait for you
You thought wrong

But you’re just a boy
You don’t understand
Yeah you don’t understand
How it feels to love a girl someday
You wish you were a better man
You don’t listen to her
You don’t care how it hurts
Until you lose the one you wanted
Cause you’ve taken her for granted
And everything you have got destroyed
But you’re just a boy."
If I Were A Boy

"I mention you when I say my prayers
I wrap you around all of my thoughts Boy, you're my temporary high
I wish that when I wake up you're there
To wrap your arms around me for real and tell me you'll stay by my side
Clouds filled with stars cover the skies
And I hope it rains
You're the perfect lullaby."
Sweet Dreams

"Hey, I don't know much about guns but I
Ive been shot by you
And I don't know when I'm gonna die but I hope
That I'm gonna die by you
And I don't know much about fighting but I
I know I will fight for you."
1+1

 "So go ahead and get gone
Call up that chick, and see if shes home
Oops I bet you thought, that I didn't know
What did you think
I was putting you out for?
Because you was untrue
Rolling her around in the car that I bought you
Baby, drop them keys
Hurry up, before your taxi leaves

Standing in the front yard, telling me
How I'm such a fool, talking 'bout
How I'll never ever find a man like you
You got me twisted

You must not know 'bout me
You must not know 'bout me
I can have another you in a minute
Matter fact, he'll be here in a minute

You must not know 'bout me
You must not know 'bout me
I will have another you by tomorrow
So don't you ever for a second get to thinkin'
You're irreplaceable?

So since I'm not your everything
How about I'll be nothing? Nothing at all to you
Baby I won't shed a tear for you
I won't lose a wink of sleep
'Cause the truth of the matter is
Replacing you is so easy."
Irreplaceable 


If you get a bit curious on how awesome the energy is at Glastonbury click here for Beyoncé's and here for Coldplay's performances. Be ready to get chills. To. The. Bones.

2 comments:

  1. Glastonbury is almost enough to make me want to move to England. Almost. But I'm glad you've found some peace from that stage. Good luck on the days ahead!

    ReplyDelete