To Live With Or Without.

This is an opinion which might make me look insanely cold hearted but, hey, a thought is a thought. So here it goes.


I went home from campus today and opened my Twitter account and there it was, written in plain English, a tweet by a person that simply says, 



"How can I live without you? :("
Stupid question, enough said.

My eyes read the letters, my heart was unmoved, and my brain computed the justification. The question "How can I live without you" is just... blah. The fact that you're living right now means that yes it is possible to live without that particular person. The question is only whether you want to live without him or her. You can, of course you can. Taking a breath does not require the consent of another party. Its your own choice. You breathe because you can. Whether you want it or not, that's a different story.

So to those who are heartbroken out there. Stop it.

You can live without that person you miss. You have to want to live without him or her when he or she does not want to have you in their lives anymore. Plus here's a better statement... Its a bit more uplifting than the question posted above.


Say what you need to say. But, before hand, think about what you are about to say. Its an opinion. You are free to disagree.


Twiddle-think tweedle-thonk,
Athalia Karima Yedida Soemarko.

2 comments: