Cacoethes Scribendi.




"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality." Edgar Allan Poe

"It is necessary to write, if the days are not to slip emptily by. How else, indeed, to clap the net over the butterfly of the moment? For the moment passes, it is forgotten; the mood is gone; life itself is gone. That is where the writer scores over his fellows: he catches the changes of his mind on the hop." Vita Sackville-West

"Writing is a struggle against silence."Carlos Fuentes

"And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." Sylvia Plath

"When you are describing,
A shape, or sound, or tint;
Don't state the matter plainly,
But put it in a hint;
And learn to look at all things,
With a sort of mental squint."
Charles Lutwidge Dodgson



"Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart." William Wordsworth

"The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible." Vladimir Nabakov

"If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster." Isaac Asimov

"Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them." Nathaniel Hawthorne

"Every writer I know has trouble writing." Joseph Heller

"When something can be read without effort, great effort has gone into its writing." Enrique Jardiel Poncela

"I am a writer of books in retrospect. I talk in order to understand; I teach in order to learn." Robert Frost

"If I'm trying to sleep, the ideas won't stop. If I'm trying to write, there appears a barren nothingness." Carrie Latet

One with a bad habit of writing,
Athalia Karima Yedida Soemarko.

No comments:

Post a Comment